The Professional Dairy Producers Foundation was pleased to announce a donation of $12,150 for dairy education programs through the proceeds of seven auction items and an additional $14,500 toward dairy education through the proceeds of a Silent Auction.
The Professional Dairy Producers Foundation raises funds and awards grants for educational programs and initiatives. For the past six years, the Foundation has helped fund such programs as Professional Dairy Producers of Wisconsin (PDPW)’s Youth Leadership Derby, mentor program, and community education about dairying.
An elite genetics Holstein calf topped the auction at $3,700. Ripp’s Dairy Valley LLC of Dane, Wis. purchased Jenny-Lou Million 2069, donated by the Mitch Breunig family of Mystic Valley Dairy.
Other items sold include:
· A GEA WestfaliaSurge Rotating Cow Brush sold for $2,200 to Warmka Holsteins of Fox Lake, Wis.
· 100 units of Semex semen with a tank, donated by Semex and ai24, sold for $2,100 to Merry-Water Farms, Inc. of Lake Geneva, Wis.
· A Wisconsin Golf Package featuring gift certificates to five of Wisconsin’s premier golf courses sold for $1,800 to Dic-Wisco Farms, Inc. of Dorchester, Wis. The package was donated by the five participating courses, plus AgStar, Stewart-Peterson and Diamond V Mills.
· ANIMART donated a Door County Walleye Trip, which sold for $1,000 to Maple Ridge Dairy, Stratford, Wis.
· A Pheasant Hunt package sold to Quality Liquid Feeds of Medford, Wis. for $650. It was donated by Sharon Brantmeier of Ameriprise Financial and Don Meyer, Rock River Laboratory.
· A handmade quilt crafted by Karla Zimmerman was purchased by Badgerland Financial for $700.
JoAnn Maedke, Foundation board member and coordinator of the Live and Silent Auctions, thanks donors and buyers. “The Foundation is truly a blend of industry and dairy producers working together for future education. I am extremely grateful to be part of an industry with such great cooperation and commitment to education.”
Source: Professional Dairy Producers Foundation