Make plans to attend the 6th National Conference on Grazing Lands on December 13-16, 2015, at the Hyatt Regency DFW near Grapevine, Texas. Listen to ranchers and other from the industry share information based on personal experiences, something unique to this event. Topics to be covered include: grazing management, grazing land economics and marketing, public policy, soil health and the ag/urban interface.
“The National Grazing Lands Coalition’s 6th National Conference on Grazing Lands will feature industry presenters that are federal and state agency experts, from academia, and most importantly, successful producers,” said John Peterson, conference manager.
Featured speakers will include:
– Dr. Don Ball, professor emeritus at Auburn University who is a leader in agronomic forage and livestock information.
– Dr. Garry Lacefield, professor of plant and soil Sciences at the University of Kentucky who is an internationally recognized forage expert.
– Dr. Rachel Gilker and Kathy Voth, co-founders of OnPasture.com, will present “Science, Pseudoscience, and When to Spend Your Money.” Voth, author of the book “Cows Eat Weeds,” will share weed nutritional values and the simple steps to teach livestock to eat weeds.
– Dr. Peter Ballerstedt, Renowned forage specialist with Barenbrug, USA, will discuss grass-based health.
– Rancher Gary Price of 77 Ranch in Blooming Grove, Texas and winner of the National Environmental Stewardship Award, will discuss ranch diversification in Texas’ Blackland Prairie.
– Tony Moravec, DVM with Merial, will be one of the featured luncheon speakers. raised on a beef and grain operation in Eastern Nebraska and currently resides near Wahoo, NE.