Toggle the Widgetbar
AgWired Animal, Animal Bites
- U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue announced the appointment of 5 new members and 12 returning members to the National Advisory Committee on Meat and Poultry Inspection.
- Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa joined a bipartisan group of senators, led by Democratic Sen. Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin and Republican Sen. Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania, to urge U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer to ensure Mexico honors its existing trade commitments and rejects the EU’s unfair trade proposal that will harm American cheese exporters, processors and dairy farmers.
- Vermeer has created the next step in their processor evolution with the new BPX9010 bale processor. This all-around bale processor is designed for a variety of applications including distributing a consistent, uniform windrow in the pasture or bunk line and spreading bedding with consistency at ranges up to 50 ft.
- The American Dairy Association of the Midwest, Illinois Chapter and their constituency of 600 Illinois dairy farm families announced a partnership with the UpField Group to accelerate the adoption of renewable energy, specifically, solar energy usage on dairy farms.
- The U.S. Roundtable for Sustainable Beef, the Nation’s leading multi-stakeholder beef sustainability group, announced a new Board of Directors and Executive Officer group during the recent Fourth Annual General Assembly Meeting in Oklahoma City.
- The Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy, established under the leadership of dairy farmers, announced its seventh annual U.S. Dairy Sustainability Award winners during a May 16 ceremony at the Morton Arboretum in Lisle, Ill., outside of Chicago. The program recognizes dairy farms, businesses and partnerships whose practices improve the well-being of people, animals and the planet.
- The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative has agreed with a request from the National Pork Producers Council to review Thailand’s eligibility for the U.S. Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) program because of that country’s failure to provide access to its market for U.S. products, including pork.
- The 2018 USPOULTRY Human Resources Seminar addressed a variety of topics that are impacting human resources professionals in today’s environment. In addition to regulatory updates, recruitment and retention were also discussed at great length.
- Brookside Agra will feature its swine-specific products at World Pork Expo Booth #V808, June 6-8 in Des Moines, IA. For over 30 years, Brookside Agra has been a trusted source for safe, effective, all-natural feed additives and environmental, agricultural and animal health products.