CODE FOR ANIMAL AG BITES
- The National Dairy Council New Product Competition seeks the next innovative dairy product from college students across the United States and Canada. Deadline for submissions is Jan. 14. For more information, visit USDairy.com/NewProductCompetition or contact Rohit Kapoor at NDC (email@example.com).
- A team of 18 interns will gain first-hand experience and be able to interact with leaders of every segment of the cattle and beef industry at the 2019 Cattle Industry Convention and NCBA Trade Show in New Orleans. Students must be able to work Jan. 27-Feb. 1, 2019. The deadline to apply is Oct. 10, 2018. For more information, contact Grace Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The American Feed Industry Association announced Kirk Bowman as its 2018 Liquid Feed Hall of Fame inductee.
- The American Feed Industry Association has opened registration for its online feed manufacturing course, conducted in partnership with Kansas State University, Oct. 29-Nov. 30.
- Dairy Farmers of America products and brands recently earned 18 awards at the 2018 World Dairy Expo Championship Dairy Product contest, including a sweep of the Mozzarella category. For the full 2018 Dairy Product Contest results visit, wdpa.net/championship-contest
- The Cattlemen’s Beef Promotion and Research Board will invest about $40.5 million into programs of beef promotion, research, consumer information, industry information, foreign marketing and producer communications during fiscal 2019, subject to USDA approval.
- The recent discovery in an Egyptian tomb of a 3,000-year-old cheese contaminated with Brucella melitensis provided historic evidence of a disease still endemic across much of the developing world. It is a challenge that the US $30m Brucellosis Vaccine Prize competition is seeking to address. The competition remains open to new applications from animal health innovators across industry and academia via the competition website www.brucellosisvaccine.org. Full details and competition rules are also available on the website.