Toggle the Widgetbar
AgWired Animal, Animal Bites
- ESTROTECT announced the release of the new ESTROTECT Breeding Indicator. It’s the first product of its kind to serve a variety of uses, including heat detection, confirming pregnancies, identifying potential embryonic loss and pinpointing timing for various modern AI and breeding protocols.
- The Animal Agriculture Alliance announced that its 2019 Stakeholders Summit, themed “A Seat At The Table,” is set for May 8-9 in Kansas City, Missouri. Registration for the Summit will open later this year.
- Allflex Livestock Intelligence announced the launch of the Allflex Young Stock dedicated health monitoring application for newborn calves up to six months old. It also announced the introduction of SenseHub, the new version of its SenseTime modular cow monitoring solution.
- Huvepharma® announces the release of a conditional licensed vaccine for the prevention of pinkeye caused by Moraxella bovoculi in cattle. Pairing this bacterin with AgriLabs’ well-known vaccine, I-Site XP®, for the prevention of pinkeye caused by M. bovis, veterinarians will expand cattle raisers prevention protocol for optimal coverage of this disease. Both vaccines will be supported through AgriLabs®, a Huvepharma Company.
- Registration and housing for the 2019 Cattle Industry Convention and NCBA Trade show is now open. The annual convention will be held in New Orleans, La., Jan. 30 – Feb. 1, 2019. To register and secure housing for the 2019 Cattle Industry Convention and NCBA Trade Show, visit www.beefusa.org.
- Northeast influencers got an inside look at Pennsylvania’s Veal Industry through the “Raising Today’s Veal” tour hosted September 18-19, in Souderton, PA. This tour was made possible by the Pennsylvania Beef Council and the checkoff’s Northeast Beef Promotion Initiative, with funding support from the Kentucky Beef Council.
- The National Cattlemen’s Foundation is now accepting applications for 2019-2020 beef industry scholarships sponsored by CME Group. Ten scholarships of $1,500 each will be awarded to outstanding students pursuing careers in the beef industry.
- This week, the National Horse and Burro Rangeland Management Coalition submitted public testimony to the Bureau of Land Management on the current state of our nation’s rangelands.
- Land O’Lakes, Inc. board chairman Pete Kappelman was named Dairyman of the Year by the World Dairy Expo this week in Madison, Wis. Kappelman, of Two Rivers, Wisconsin, owns and operates Meadow Brook Dairy and will celebrate 23 years of service on the Land O’Lakes board in early 2019.
- Julie Veldhuis has joined Edge Dairy Farmer Cooperative as a member services representative.
- The National Cattlemen’s Beef Association is hosting its fifth annual National Anthem contest. The winner will receive a free trip to the 2019 Cattle Industry Convention and NCBA Trade Show Jan. 30 – Feb. 1, 2019. Entries are being accepted through Oct. 19, 2018. Top four finalists will be chosen by Oct. 26, 2018, and videos will be posted to the convention website at www.convention.beefusa.org.
- The National Milk Producers Federation announced several staff changes. Chris Galen, NMPF’s long-time head of communications, is assuming a new role as Senior Vice President of Member Services and Strategic Initiatives. Alan Bjerga joins NMPF as its new Senior Vice President of Communications. Jaime Castaneda will become Senior Vice President of Policy Strategy and International Trade. Nicole Ayache has joined National Milk as Director of Sustainability Initiatives.