Toggle the Widgetbar
AgWired Animal, Animal Bites
- The annual Animal Agriculture Sustainability Summit will once again be held at the 2019 International Production & Processing Expo (IPPE) in Atlanta. The event is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2019, and is offered free of charge to all registered IPPE attendees.
- The lawsuit filed by the Organization for Competitive Markets in 2014 over USDA’s refusal to release public audit and financial documents related to Beef Checkoff Program spending has begun its summary judgment phase with a court decision expected in early Spring 2019 as to whether the audit and financial records must be released to the public.
- Steve Murty was recently named a Vita Plus forage products specialist. Based in central Iowa, Murty will provide on-farm forage support for staff and dairy producers in Wisconsin, northern Illinois, northern Iowa, Minnesota and eastern South Dakota.
- Lotito Foods introduces Cheese Folios. The Cheese Folios line includes lightly baked pliable sheets of cheese made from Parmesan, Cheddar or Jarlsberg® cheese. These quick and easy baked recipes have only 1 gram of carbs and provide 12 grams of protein per serving.
- Afimilk, a leading provider of advanced software solutions for dairy and herd management, announced the commercial availability of AfiFarm 5.3, the latest in the company’s market-leading product line of dairy management software, and Afi2Go Pro, a new mobile app designed to provide management teams with the ultimate in flexibility.
- The USPOULTRY Foundation recently received a $100,000 check from Pilgrim’s. The check is the final contribution of Pilgrim’s commitment to the USPOULTRY Foundation’s Ensuring the Future campaign to enhance the stability and prosperity of the poultry and egg industries.