Toggle the Widgetbar
AgWired Animal, Animal Bites
- The American Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture has announced the winning teams in its fall Purple Plow Challenge, Cattle Ranch Riddle. Each team won a 3-D printer and a $100 gift card for classroom use. The following teams were selected as the winners in this national competition: Meadow Groves Farms, Charles R Drew Middle School in Lincoln, Alabama; White River Valley FFA, White River Valley High School in Switz City, Indiana; Girls STEM Team, Brooks County Middle School in Quitman, Georgia; Circle G Ranch, Rosalia School District in Rosalia, Washington.
- In August, Cargill launched the #putyourherdfirst campaign to support The Great American Milk Drive. More than 65,000 people engaged with the campaign on Facebook and Cargill announced that all 200 food banks in the Feeding America network will receive 500 servings of milk.
- Wisconsin is taking steps to boldly claim its rightful place as the state of cheese and answer the question, “Why Wisconsin?” A new video ad showcases Wisconsin cheesemakers with beautiful wheels, blocks and cuts of cheese from companies across the state. Viewers will see the ads in digital publications such as Saveur, Epicurious, Bon Appétit, Food & Wine, Martha Stewart, and on Food Network, Eater.com and Food52, as well as on the WisconsinCheese.com website beginning on November 19.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture scientist Manuel Borca is the recipient of the 2018 Daniel E. Salmon Award for critical contributions to protecting world animal health against infectious diseases.
- The National Pork Producers Council, National Pork Board and U.S. Meat Export Federation recently collaborated to arrange an international trip to Colombia for 14 delegates from the Pork Leadership Institute. The group toured the Colombian Congress, a large wet market, the country’s largest packing plant, a retail supermarket that sold U.S. pork ribs and loins and restaurants that also sold U.S. pork.