Toggle the Widgetbar
AgWired Animal, Animal Bites
- Revisions to the Pork Quality Assurance® Plus 4.0 are now effective. The updated program reflects pork producers’ commitment to continuous improvement and features two training options – first-time and recertification.
- The Pork Checkoff, in collaboration with the National Junior Swine Association and Team Purebred – the nation’s largest youth swine organizations – led an industry panel on biosecurity and farm preparation. Nearly 1,400 exhibitors, parents and industry spectators were on-site at The Exposition pig show at the Iowa State Fairgrounds as the panel addressed hot topics to stem on-farm disease spread.
- David Newman, a pork producer from Arkansas, was elected president of the National Pork Board at the organization’s June board meeting in Des Moines, Iowa. The National Pork Board’s 15 producer-directors represent America’s pig farmers.
- Global animal health and nutrition company Alltech is proud to support Feeding South Dakota by donating a trip to Ireland that will be presented at the sixth annual South Dakota Prime Time Gala on June 22, 2019. The South Dakota Cattlemen’s Foundation has pledged to raise $150,000 for Feeding South Dakota at the 2019 Prime Time Gala.
- The dairy community, along with Feeding America, will be kicking off National Dairy Month by rallying consumers across the country to get nutritious food to families who need it. At the national level, a three-vehicle convoy will embark on a cross-country tour in June and July to provide kids with free nutritious milk and dairy foods at locations, including farmers markets, feeding sites and sporting events. People can take action against hunger and help increase access to nutrient-rich foods by donating milk at www.giveagallon.com.
- The American Meat Science Association announced the appointment of Collette Schultz Kaster as its new Chief Executive Officer.
- The American Feed Industry Association has opened registration for its 49th Liquid Feed Symposium, being held Sept. 10-12, in Omaha, Neb. More information on the Liquid Feed Symposium, including registration, the agenda and information about the location, can be found on the event’s website.