Toggle the Widgetbar
AgWired Animal, Animal Agriculture, Animal Bites
- The Equine Science Society recognized Carey Williams, Ph.D., an equine extension specialist at Rutgers University, for her professional achievements in the equine industry on June 6 at the 2019 ESS Symposium in Asheville, N.C. The Equine Nutrition Research Award is sponsored by the American Feed Industry Association as part of its ongoing awards program, which dates back to 1948.
- The American Feed Industry Association is now accepting nominations for the 2019 inductee into the Liquid Feed Hall of Fame. AFIA’s Liquid Feed Committee developed the award in 2003 to recognize individuals who have made significant contributions to the science and growth of the liquid feed industry. People interested in nominating individuals for the hall of fame award must submit a completed Hall of Fame 2019 Nomination Form to Paul Davis, Ph.D., AFIA’s director of quality, animal food safety and education, at email@example.com. Nominations will be accepted until Friday, July 26. For more information, visit afia.org/LFHOF.
- Utah State University announced Dr. Eric Bastian as the new director of the Western Dairy Center. As vice president of industry relations for Dairy West, Dr. Bastian worked with former WDC director Donald McMahon in 2012 to develop the BUILD Dairy program (Building University and Industry Linkages through learning and Discovery).
- Milk Specialties Global, an industry-leading nutrition performance manufacturer, announced the appointment of Troy Peifer as the new Chief Financial Officer. Mr. Peifer joined Milk Specialties in early 2019 and brings with him over 20 years of experience leading accounting, finance, information technology, and legal teams.
- Select Sires’ marketing department will experience restructuring and operate under new leadership beginning July 1. Chris Sayers, former sales and marketing operations manager, will become the manager of global order operations. Darryl Snyder, former assistant semen distribution manager, will step into a new role as manager of global product distribution. Adam Oswalt, previously the dairy sire products specialist, will assume the role of manager of global sire products and logistics.