Toggle the Widgetbar
AgWired Animal, Animal Bites
- The National Cattlemen’s Beef Association has joined BFGoodrich Tires to launch the new Tradesmen Support Program.
- Global Dairy Platform announced the addition of Mr. Mike Durkin, President & CEO of Leprino Foods and Mr. Lino Saputo, Jr., Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Saputo Inc., to GDP’s Board of Directors.
- Foot-and-mouth disease virus spreads much more aggressively in pigs than previous research suggests, according to a new study by U.S. Department of Agriculture scientists.
- The Missouri Dairy Association seeks an Executive Director/Sales Manager for the Heart of America Dairy Expo. Mr. Dave Drennan, Executive Director, will be retiring on May 1, 2019. Click here for more information.
- The Animal Agriculture Alliance’s 2019 Stakeholders Summit themed, A Seat At The Table, will be held May 8-9 at the InterContinental at the Plaza Hotel in Kansas City, Missouri. Discounted registration rates are available through April 1.
- Eddy Roberts, president of the International Brangus Breeders Association, announced that Dr. Darrell Wilkes will assume the role of executive vice president of the 70-year-old Brangus cattle breed registry.
- In an effort to share more about beef farming and ranching with audiences across the globe, Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner. is making its virtual ranch tours available in Korean, Japanese, and Spanish.
- The Agricultural Relations Council to announces the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association will host the ARC intern for the second year in a row. Student applications are due March 15.
- The United States Department of Agriculture announced additional steps to keep African swine fever from entering the United States, even as the disease spreads internationally.
- U.S. Poultry & Egg Association is accepting applications for the 2019 Clean Water Awards. The awards recognize outstanding performance of wastewater treatment plants that operate at poultry or egg processing facilities. The deadline for submitting applications is June 28. For an application form, go to www.uspoultry.org/environment/.
- The National Pork Producers Council awarded scholarships to 10 college students who intend to pursue careers in the pork industry. The Lois Britt Memorial Pork Industry Scholarship program is sponsored by CME Group and the National Pork Industry Foundation and managed and administered by NPPC.
- The U.S. Roundtable for Sustainable Poultry & Eggs recently announced the inaugural board of directors and leadership team at the International Production & Processing Expo in Atlanta.
- The National Pork Producers Council elected new officers and members to its board of directors at the National Pork Industry Forum. Elected as president of the organization was David Herring, a hog farmer from Lillington, N.C.
- Tom Miller, an Arizona pork producer, executive director of the Arizona Pork Council and past president of the National Pork Producers Council, was inducted into the NPPC Hall of Fame for his lifetime commitment to advocacy, leadership and advancement on behalf of pork producers at the National Pork Industry Forum.
- The Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy will host food safety workshops that are taught by industry professionals for the benefit of the entire industry. Visit www.usdairy.com/events for more information on any of these workshops.
- Join fellow producers and industry experts at the annual Dairy Calf & Heifer Association conference coming up on April 9-11, 2019.
- US Speedskating and Dairy West announce a strategic partnership that will bring high quality dairy products to Speed Skating Olympic athletes and hopefuls.