Toggle the Widgetbar
AgWired Animal, Animal Bites
- Vita Plus Loyal has selected a high school senior as a recipient of the 2019 “Our Future is Agriculture” scholarships. This year’s recipient of the Vita Plus Loyal scholarship is Katerina Kolzow of Colby High School.
- The 68th annual National Breeders Roundtable agenda will include topics addressing Genomic Selection in Turkeys: Conceptual, Theoretical and Applied Aspects; Consumers Flocking Online: Social Media’s Impact on Poultry Breeding; An Introduction to Artificial Intelligence: Applications in Animal Breeding; Precision Feeding: Measuring and Modeling Feed Efficiency; Improving Accuracy of Genome Breeding Values Using a Selected Small Data Set; and more. Registration is now open for the conference, which will be held May 16 -17 at the Hilton St. Louis Airport hotel in St. Louis, Missouri. To view the agenda, register and reserve hotel rooms, visit www.uspoultry.org.
- The Pork Checkoff has awarded 20 scholarships to college students around the United States as part of its strategy to develop the pork industry’s future human capital. This year’s top scholarship recipients are Jenna Chance and Jadelyn Stewart, who will receive a $5,000- and $3,500-scholarship, respectively.
- The American Feed Industry Association announced that John Stewart, AFIA’s manager of government affairs for the past two years, will transition to the newly created role of director of membership and stakeholder engagement in early May.
- The Institute for Feed Education and Research (IFEEDER) is proud to celebrate a decade of service to the animal food industry, conducting many high-priority research and education projects that protect the animal food industry’s license to operate and provide scientific-based information to decisionmakers and consumers so they can make informed policy and purchasing decisions.
- U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer and U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue announced that the government of Tunisia and the United States have finalized U.S. export certificates to allow imports of U.S. beef, poultry, and egg products into Tunisia.
- The National Cattlemen’s Beef Association and the Public Lands Council announced the launch of a campaign to celebrate the conservation success story of the gray wolf.